Nutravita is committed to respecting your online privacy and recognises your need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information you share with us.
This privacy notice makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the Nutravita recruitment process, and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679).
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept securely
What kind of information do we hold about you?
In connection with your employment application with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- The information you have provided to us in your CV and cover letter/email
- The information you have provided on our application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, employment history and qualifications
- Any information you provide to us during virtual or face-to-face interviews
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
- You, the candidate
- Recruitment agencies we have agreed terms in place with
- Professional networking profiles
- Recruitment websites
- Employees, or others who refer you to us
How will we use information about you?
We will use personal information collected about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role applied for
- Carry out reference checks, where applicable
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process
- Keep records related to our hiring processes
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements
- We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you
Having reviewed your CV, cover letter and/or your application form, we will then process that information to decide whether you meet the basic requirements for the advertised role. Following an initial interview, we may ask you to undertake further assessments in order to determine your suitability. Once we engage you for an interview, we will use the information you provide to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role.
Failure to provide personal information
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully and we will not be able to take your application further.
We will retain your personal information for a period of 2 years after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to appoint you to a role. We will retain your personal information so that we can make you aware of any suitable alternative roles that arise during this period.
We further retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
If you would prefer that we did not retain your personal information, you can notify us at any time and we will delete your personal information. You may do this by emailing: email@example.com
Rights of access, correction, deletion, and restriction
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request deletion of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- To view, alter or delete the information we hold about please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to withdraw consent
When you applied for this role, you provided consent to us processing your personal information for the purposes of recruitment. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact the Recruitment or HR Manager. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your application and, subject to our policies, we will dispose of your personal data securely.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.