Nutravita’s Vegan Cleaning Guide - Keep Your Home Squeaky Clean And Green!
Going vegan isn’t just about what you eat. Animal products such as tallow, beeswax and lanolin are often used by household cleaning brands and aren’t always easy to spot on labels. So, without further ado, here’s our Nutravita guide to our 20 favourite vegan, cruelty-free cleaning products at affordable prices ..
Our Top 20 - Vegan Cleaning Products!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
1) SODASAN toilet cleaning tabs - £5.20 from Biolindo
These heavy-duty toilet tablets simply melt into the bowl to clean up even hard to reach places, in an eco and non-toxic way.
2) Method Shower Cleaner - £2 from John Lewis
This plant based daily shower spray is an easy way to refresh without any harming chemicals. Simply shower, spritz and leave for seriously sparkling results.
3) Eco Active Kitchen Cleaner - £1.50 from Tesco
This purse-friendly product by Tesco is a cruelty free creation that makes kitchen cleaning easy and green.
4) Bathroom Tincture - £4.99 from Tincture London
Keep your bathroom clean and chemical free with the heady scented bathroom spray from Tincture. With 100% natural ingredients, this is perfect for cleaning sinks and toilets to tiles. It’s also biodegradable in water and will cause no harm to animals or the oceans.
5) Ecological Multipurpose Spray Cleaner - £1.99 from Waitrose
British made and biodegradable, this spray tackles any type of grease or grime around the house and is certified by Cruelty Free International.
6) Ecover Dishwasher Tablets 25 pack - £5.00 from Sainsburys
This powerful formula is packed with plant based, biodegradable ingredients that tackle even the toughest of stains. With rinse aid and salt built into each tablet, you just need to pop one in and go!
7) Bio-D Glass and Mirror Spray - £3.00 from Bio-D
Made from 100% recycled bottles, this super spray is the perfect tonic for lacklustre glass and mirrors. Just spritz to reclaim the sparkle and perk up your glass.
8) Ecover Laundry Bleach - £1.90 from Waitrose
Based on mineral ingredients, this powerful plant based powder keeps whites bright, naturally.
9) Greenfrog Laundry Soap Berries 500G - £6.95 from Greenfrog Botanic
100% natural, unprocessed and organic, these soapberries are a natural yet powerful alternative to traditional detergent. They are great for all skin types and totally biodegradable, win win!
10) Bio D Concentrated Fabric Softner 1L - £2.85 from Biodegradable
This concentrated fabric softener has minimal environmental impact, with safe and naturally derived ingredients that are all cruelty free.
11) Suma Recycled Refuse Sacks 90L Pack Of 8 - £1.59 from Ethical Superstore
Made with at least 50% post-consumer recycled plastic, these refuse sacks are a fabulous alternative to standard synthetic bin bags.
12) If You Care Recycled Aluminium Tin Foil - £3.25 from Big Green Smile
When producing recycled aluminium, it uses 95% less energy than making it from scratch, so if you’re looking for an eco-alternative to the standard foil, this is the one for you.
13) Loofco Washing-Up Pad - £3.00 from The PLASTICFREESHOP
This washing up tool is the perfect spongy cleaning tool for everyday use. It’s soft enough for use on non-stick pans and can easily bend to fit in the smallest of cups. It will last for months, but is totally compostable when it’s time to replace.
14) Earth Friendly Ecos Products Furniture Polish - £3.99 from The Vegan Kind Supermarket
Made with natural olive oil, orange oil and water, this luxury polish cleans and protects wood with a subtle citrus scent.
15) Waft Air Freshener Spray Lemongrass - £5.99 from Natbrands
Waft of Lemongrass is a 98.5% organic aromatic air freshener with an uplifting aroma that helps relieve anxiety and lift feelings. Made with essential oils and rose water, it is vegan, cruelty free and also recyclable.
16) Vegan Food Wraps, Small Kitchen Pack - £10.00 from And Keep . Com
Handmade in the Cotswolds, these are the perfect plant based alternative to single use foil or cling film. They are soy and palm oil free, manufactured out of 100% organic cotton, with 100% recycled packaging. Keep your food fresh in style.
17) Ecoforce Recycled Heavy Duty Sponge Scourers - £1.25 from The Vegan Kind Supermarket
These super absorbent sponge scourers are great for everyday spills and stains and are made from bits of unwanted foam that would otherwise end up in landfill.
18) Kinn Lavender & Rosemary Washing Up Liquid - £3.50 from Kinn-Living
Made in the UK, this eco friendly washing up liquid is a divinely scented treat for your dishes (and your hands!) Gentle on skin, but tough on grease, this is the best way to make washing up enjoyable.
19) Greener Cleaner Duster - £3.99 from Ocado
Each Greener Cleaner duster gives back. 1% of all sales go to protecting the oceans via organisations like Surfers Against Sewage. Not only this but the ‘Eco-flek’ technology is made from 100% recycled and sustainable wood pulp. Protect the world whilst you dust!
20) Yope Verbena Natural Liquid Soap - £6.95 from Parfum Dreams
With antibacterial properties and a high vegetable glycerine content to keep hands soft and silky, this YOPE soap is made with 92% organic ingredients and contains real verbena leaf extract.
Many supermarkets are now making the labelling on their own cleaning products clearer. It’s great that we can now tell if some own brands are vegan, but it’s still a work in progress.
Keep your eyes peeled for these top brands!